Sligo Train Station
Bicycles on InterCity Trains
We welcome bicycles on all of our services but some restrictions apply during peak travel times. Customers who book online can add a bike to their booking free of charge. Customers who are already in possession of a ticket and would like to travel with their bike will be required to book their bike online free of charge using the 'Free Travel Pass or Valid Ticket' option on the Journey Planner. Bicycles that are folded and covered can be carried on all services free of charge.
All InterCity trains have bicycle carriage facilities. The majority of Dublin to Cork services and all of the Dublin to Belfast services have a bicycle storage area which is separate from the passenger area of the train.
On all other InterCity routes the bicycle spaces are within the passenger compartment. Bicycles are only permitted within the passenger compartment if they fit into the dedicated bike space on-board, with the exception of ‘Fold-up’ bikes. The likes of ‘Tricycles’ cannot be accommodated within the passenger compartment.
Bicycle spaces for Intercity services must be booked, in advance, online via our Journey Planner.
Fold Up Bikes On-board Trains
Fold up bikes can be carried on-board all services free of charge. Please be sure your bike is folded properly before boarding the train.
Bicycles on DART Trains
We welcome bicycles free of charge on off peak DART services. Bicycles that are folded and covered can be carried on all DART services with no time restrictions. Bicycles are not permitted on DART services before 09:30hrs and between the hours of 16:00hrs and 19:00hrs Monday to Friday. Customers can travel with bikes all day Saturday and Sunday.
Bicycles on Commuter Trains
We welcome bicycles free of charge on off peak Commuter services. Bicycles that are folded and covered can be carried on all Commuter services with no time restrictions.
Bicycles are not permitted on Commuter before 09:30hrs and between the hours of 16:00hrs and 19:00hrs Monday to Friday. Customers can travel with bikes all day Saturday and Sunday.
If you are travelling with your bicycle on train, please note the following:
• Please note that Iarnród Éireann reserve the right to refuse to carry more than two bicycles on an Intercity service where only two bicycles spaces are available, so it is advisable to book online in advance
• The carriage of bicycles on Commuter services is at the discretion of station staff
• At certain times (eg major sporting fixtures and concerts), it may not be possible to permit carriage of bicycles on DART or Commuter services
• Customers should walk with their bicycles when they are in the station. It is not permitted to cycle in stations or on platforms
• Customers should use ramps and lifts rather than stairs within stations to gain access to platforms
• Customers should stay with their bicycles on board trains
• Unaccompanied children cannot bring bicycles onto trains
• No motorised bicycles are allowed on trains
• No bicycles with attached trailers are allowed on trains
• Always use available bicycle storage spaces provided
• Never obstruct exits or passageways. We reserve the right to remove bicycles if staff feel they are obstructing other customers or if they are a safety hazard
• A bicycle can be carried up to maximum of 1.8 meters in length and up to 0.865m in width
• Bicycles with attached trailers are only allowed on Dublin to Belfast and Dublin to Cork services that have a separate bicycle storage compartment.